It is surprising how much interest there is in this cake. Several photos are nearing or have surpassed the 25k view mark and there are 127 people who call one a favorite. I have seen this on Digg, Reddit, joystiq, and TotalFark.com, among many others. It really makes me wish I had done something more than snap some photos of this great cake. In case you didn’t see it, this was made by Robin of Gateaux Inc. Hit her up for your next wedding cake.
At perhaps the best wedding (congratulations Brent and Annette) I have been to, there was by far the best wedding cake I have seen. Other people tend to agree as the photos have been linked to from Boing Boing and Wonderland to name just two. That explains how some of the photos have nearly 7000 views and over 50 people calling one a favorite.
UPDATE: The creator of this cake, Robin, from Gateaux Inc which is located in Plymouth, MN. “was amazing to work with and of course is amazingly talented” according the the bride and I can’t say that I could disagree. Just look at some of her other work.
The cake toppers were very hard to find. The bride looked for months and months and finally found a set on eBay.com; they were from Japan’s “Nintendo Club”
Here is the whole set (with more to come as I get some closeup macro shots I took, uploaded.)
- Rove talking points memos for GOP stooges
- Great looking photo of Toronto skyline – not only is this a great photo but all the photos on the site are – and the best part is he shares his secrets of how they are made in many cases.
- PostSecret – send in your secrets in the form of postcards. Some of these are very poignant.
- Fad Watch: Video Googlewacking with salacious videos like this one.
- Senate investigation into Grand Theft Auto sex games mod – Senator Clinton and the rest of you: stop harping on pointless crap.
- AutoStich – stitches together a pile of photos into impressive quality panoramic collages. I have seen things like this before but this is very cool.
- One of these “rockers” will be the next frontman/woman for INXS.
- Annual drug deaths in the U.K.:
- Secret memo written by John Reid, the UK defence secretary, claims that U.S. and U.K. forces in Iraq are to be drastically reduced by early next year. US will reduce its forces in Iraq from about 176,000 today to 66,000 by early next year.
- Apple’s switch to Intel chips more to do with iPod than Mac?
- I love the new Frank Gehry designs for the area around the proposed Brooklyn Nets arena. – I love that he didn’t do anything with wavy metal facades again and I really just love the way the buildings look like they are organically sprouting from the ground.
- Ten Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centuries – as chosen by a group of conservative “thinkers”.
- Somewhat addictive, very difficult planarity flash game.
- 2/3 of World’s Resources Used Up
- Tom Cruise’s antics leading to increased interest in scientology.com site
- What a gentleman should do…
- IGN’s coverage of E3 (specifically the PS3); Gamespot’s comparison of the new Xbox and PS3
- wikipes: recipes wiki
- The Retail Alphabet Game is reminiscent of something I saw long ago on Vitaflo (RIP)
- Questionable Content is a pretty funny online comic strip for hipsters like me
- Ban Comic Sans – I especially like these photos where stickers and posters are put up right on the offending source.
- Much of the font related content today is courtesy of this NY Times article
What follows are a list of actual update notes for the latest patch to the MMRPG World of Warcraft, to which I am thoroughly addicted.
- Kardris Dreamseeker is now being addressed properly as a female, rather than a male.
- Bloodvenom Post – Crossroads (Horde) no longer flies you through a tree. Sorry for the scrapes and bruises.
- Cairne Bloodhoof is now a little more talkative.
- Town Criers in all the major cities now have basic gossip text.
- There is no longer a floating tree in Westfall above the defias tower.
- There are no longer fish flying around above the water line in Silverpine Forest.
- Female orcs no longer get stuck in scaffolding in Lost Rigger Cove.
- Players can no longer kill creatures with ranged attacks while the mobs are unable to damage the player when standing atop the cauldrons in Eastern Plaguelands.
- Closed a hole in the world in the Searing Gorge.
- A tree located too far above the ground in Feralas has been “replanted”.
- There is no longer water missing from the pool by the Grimtotems in the Lower Wilds of Feralas.
- A rock that was sitting above the ground at the top of one of the falls in Nighthaven has landed.
- The Dry times in Ironforge have ended and the Stonefire Tavern in Ironforge now has alcohol again.
- Mizzle the Crafty in Dire Maul shouldn’t be so repetitive in proclaiming a new king if the player cycles through gossip too quickly.
- Williden Marshal’s gossip text has been polished.
- Asian, Black women make more than their white counterparts. Progress?
- Alarm clock rolls of nightstand and hides itself after you hit snooze
- Bob Casey, owner of the only voice to ever announce Minnesota Twins homegames, has died at 79.
- Mark Cuban blogs about copyright and content ownership. This is worth reading, that Cuban is a smart guy.
- Court rules that Sony must pay $90 million and STOP selling both the PSOne and PS2. I wonder if this could speed up the timetable for the PS3?
- I have wondered for years how they could make a better interface for data entry into things like cellphones. This is a step in the right direction: a cell phone with a projector built-in that allows interaction with a projected keyboard etc.
- NewsMap displays the top news stories sized relative to news volume. I think I have seen this before but it is worth mentioning again. I love the way you can easily see how even one group of news (say technology) gets reported vs. others (say sports).
- Tom Delay chose to take his father off life support.
- PSP as web browser – see also: is the PSP the new iPod?